Steel Stairs Specialists
Modern & Unique Designs For Your Home
We specialize in the manufacture supply and installation of custom made steel stairs for Domestic, Commercial and Industrial applications.
Custom Designed Stairs
The Balustrade Authority manufactures, supply and install an extensive variety of wrought iron, steel and glass staircases for domestic, commercial and retail customers in Sydney. We not only provide railings and balustrades, we fabricate and install your entire staircase system from the bottom up. We’ve got a vast assortment of staircase designs available, from architectural, commercial staircases, right through to contemporary and traditional designs in addition to exterior staircases. We only use quality wrought iron, steel, stainless steel cable, glass and timber to create the perfect staircase and balustrade for your house or apartment.
Our Steel Stairs Solutions:
- Straight flight staircases with solid or open rises
- C shaped staircases
- L shaped staircases
- U shaped staircases
- Winding staircases
- Cantilevered treads
- Exposed treads
National retail and commercial alternatives
- Modern or traditional staircases and balustrades
- Stainless steel cable and glass balustrades
- Wrought iron and steel balustrades
Claim Your Free Quote!
Schedule your Complimentary On-site Consultation
click here —> Staircases Free Quote
Let’s Schedule Your Estimate Today!
What We Do
Prefabricated Steel Stairs Manufacturers
Prefab Stairs, Prefabricated Metal Stairs, Galvanized Prefabricated Stairs for secure, convenient access to all Levels. Custom sized Prefabricated stairs and landings available too, please call!
Completely prefabricated stairways for fast assembly. Over 30 sizes of prefabricated stairs, Check out our Prefabricated stairs:
• One-third the expense of building your own unit out of structural steel
• Adaptable to all types of installations
• Prefabricated for indoor or outdoor use, permanent or temporary
• Heights from 3′ to 12’3″.
• Non-skid, perforated, galvanized grating
• One piece side risers and round tubular safety rails
• Stairs are completely prefabricated for quick assembly
• Prefab Stairway heights from 3′ to 12’3″ with four fold widths available
• Non-skid, perforated, galvanized grating
• One piece side risers and square tubular safety railings
External Residential Galvanised Stair Cases
Metal External stair cases will need to be strong, sturdy and durable, able resist the elements for years to come. Materials are critical to the longevity of an outside staircase, therefore we utilize Galvanised and Stainless Steel. External stairs also provide you with a certain degree of design freedom, so speak to our experienced designers concerning the designs and materials available for your outside stairs.
Mono Stringer Stairs
The bold structural existence of mono-stringer staircase translates into a signature style. Mono-stringer stairs use a fundamental structural element that Allows for numerous inventive visual variants. Based on whether The stairs are open or closed, the mono-stringer could be visually Supportive without visually overpowering other staircase elements.
Our projects involving mono-stringer stairs display the company’s Affinity for producing compelling and special staircases while effectively Realizing the advantages of a fully integrated structural component. Stylistically, mono-stringer stairs are characterized by the precisely Articulated line of the inherent stringer, yet no two stairs seem exactly alike.
FAQs – Questions & Answers About Our Stair Cases
- Do you only install indoor staircases?
No, we also fabricate and install outside stairs and balustrade.
- Can you fabricate all types and designs of staircases?
We can fabricate and install most kinds of stairs designs, however we currently aren’t able to adapt a spiral staircase.
- Is your design and quotation service at no charge?
Yes — our initial step and estimate is free of charge if you’re within our service area and you’re under no obligation to proceed with the job through our firm.
- Can you design staircases?
Yes, we can custom make staircases depending on your needs and design a staircase which best suits your requirements. Staircases are usually made by an architect or drafts person and in this situation we’re delighted to work with that individual to make sure you receive the staircase you would like. In case you have your own strategies, we can help in advising whether the stairs will fit and supply options to you in case the design must be changed because of size constraints.
- How much do staircase designs price?
Lead time to your stairs is dependent upon many factors. Material availability, structure method of your stair & business changers throughout the year all effect how long it takes to get your stairs from order. A normal staircase on average takes no more then 3-4 weeks from order.
- How much can a staircase price?
This is a really common question and is extremely tricky to answer. The problem with providing a demanding cost is that each and every stairs we provide is exceptional, and the value can increase or decrease substantially based on the wood chosen. For an accurate price of your stairs requirements we can come out to the site at no charge or you can post, fax or email programs.
- What material should I make my staircase from?
Steel & Stainless Steel make excellent structural elements for stairs. Generally Steel is used as tread material because of its own acoustic value when walked on and frequently found to be more aesthetically pleasing than wood, but it all depends on personal preference. All the substances that we use are of the maximum grade so that you can be assured no matter what material you select, you’ll find an exceptional excellent stair.
Staircase Design Procedure
- Staircase Ordering
We recommend ordering your stairs whenever possible. At least 4 weeks before planned installation time. Allow additional time for custom jobs.
- Indoor vs Outdoor Staircases
For indoor, you can use whatever material you would like to match your aesthetic. For outdoor, you need to stick to the weather and rust resistant materials such as galvanized steel, aluminum, and choose forests.
- Multilevel Staircase
We have multistory design staircases for spiral and straight to fulfill your requirements.
Metal Staircase Specifications
- Staircase Measurements
There are a whole lot of variables that play into this, and it depends on if you’re getting a spiral or straight staircase. Primarily, you would like to understand things like increase, run, footprint, floor-to-floor height, diameter, and other measurements.
- Staircase Finish Options
We provide standard black and white for the two powder coat and prime. In addition, we provide custom colors from anywhere on the Pantone perfect spectrum or RAL color matching systems.
- Staircase Code
All our stairs lines have available options to configure them in such a way where they meet code. Check with the local building authority to learn exactly what your NSW council regulations.
Staircase Shipping and Setup
- Staircase Delivery – Your stairs will ship via common carrier directly to the address you give us on the day you select.
- Staircases Setup Time – Our kit staircases can be set up over the span of just a weekend by two ordinary homeowners.
- Installation Tools – All tools required to install our staircases are included in your package, together with easy-to-follow instructions.
- Shipping Cost – During our one time design consultation sessions, we will request your shipping zip code and provide you an accurate estimate so that you can add this to your total cost on the spot to avoid any surprises later.
- Shipping Locations – We ship anywhere within the Sydney Metro Area.
Staircase Maintenance & Care
- Galvanized Staircase Upkeep
Most depart galvanized steel in its regular battleship gray state. But it is possible to paint it as well. You just need to wait 6 weeks for the galvanized steel to”weather” (that is when it varies by a glistening silver to a battleship grey ) and make use of a zinc rich paint.
- Outdoor Steel Staircase
It is possible to put a normal steel staircase outside provided that you give it the correct prime, paint, and sealer therapy. However, please remember that this voids any warranty we provide and you will need to carry out regular upkeep/touch ups to stop the stair from corroding.